#1 Rated FREE HAZMAT Practice Test for ALL 50 States – 2017 Update
To help you prepare for the HAZMAT Endorsement knowledge test, we have compiled 30 questions from the actual CDL knowledge tests administered by the DMV from states all across the country. Each question is worth one point for a total of 30 possible points. A passing score is 80%.
We have created both a HAZMAT Practice Quiz and a HAZMAT Practice Test. The HAZMAT Endorsement Practice Quiz reveals the correct answer during each question to help you study for the actual HAZMAT Endorsement knowledge test.
The HAZMAT Endorsement Practice Test doesn’t reveal the correct answers until the test is over. The questions and answers are given in random order each time you retake the test.
When you are finished testing, simply click on the “Get Results” button to see your test results. Clicking on the blue “List” button will reveal a list of all the questions you answered correctly and incorrectly. To take the test again, just refresh your browser window. It’s that easy.
Press the start button to begin your free HAZMAT Practice Quiz. Good luck!
HAZMAT Endorsement Practice Quiz
Remember, the HAZMAT Practice Test doesn’t reveal the correct answers until the test is over. The questions and answers are given in random order each time you retake the test.
When you are finished testing, simply click on the “Get Results” button to see your test results. Clicking on the blue “List” button will reveal a list of all the questions you answered correctly and incorrectly. To take the test again, just refresh your browser window.
Press the start button to begin your free HAZMAT Practice Test. Good luck!
HAZMAT Endorsement Practice Test
Take Our Free Hazmat Practice Test at Home, at the DMV, or Wherever You Go!
Our free Hazmat Practice Test has been created to work perfectly on high-end mobile devices, such as smart phones and tablets, as well as desktop computers so, feel free to take our Hazmat Practice Test on your smart phone to refresh your memory while you are waiting in line at the DMV.
Below you will see links to our state CDL Help Guides that will guide you through the process of obtaining your Commercial Learner’s Permit and Commercial Driver’s License. A downloadable copy of the Commercial Driver’s Manual and CDL related forms can be found in the “Important Commercial Driver’s License Resources” section towards the bottom of each page. You’ll also see a map that shows you where all the DMV offices that administer the CDL written tests and CDL Skills Test are located.
Here at Truck Driving Schools Info we give you the tools you need to “Know Before You Go!”.
Check out our CDL Help Guides available for all 50 states.
Please Take a Minute to Rate Our Hazmat Practice Test
Please rate and review our Hazmat Practice Test by doing the following:
- Fill out the form below by typing in your name and email address.
- Give your review a title and write a quick review.
- Rate this practice test using the star rating underneath the review form.
- Click the blue “SUBMIT” button.
- Give yourself a pat on the back for leaving a review.
Be the first to leave a review.
Preparing for Your Hazmat Test
Explosions. Jets of flaming material. Fires. Not exactly something you think about happening to a box containing lithium batteries. Although rare, lithium batteries can short circuit, or experience thermal runway. This is one of the many reasons there are so many regulations surrounding the shipping of an item considered hazardous.
A comprehensive understanding of procedures related to your role as a shipper of hazardous materials is important when you are taking your written test for the Hazmat Endorsement. The process to receive your endorsement can be an arduous task. Failure to prepare for your written exam is something that you can control, and our Hazmat Practice Test makes narrowing down the areas in which you need further study very helpful.
What is the Hazmat Endorsement Test?
The Hazmat test is a written test taken at your local DMV. It is designed to ensure that any individual who will be transporting hazardous materials is adequately trained in all aspects of hazmat regulation and handling.
Before you are allowed to drive a vehicle requiring Hazmat placards, you will need to have your hazardous material certification in order to comply with Federal Regulation. It is important to understand how to properly handle these materials in order to keep yourself and others safe. Also, since the events that occurred on 9/11, the U.S. government wants to make sure that those handling potentially harmful materials are will not cause purposeful harm or damage to anyone or anything. Failure to comply with any regulations in their entirety can result in both fines and jail time.
What do I Need Before I Even Take the Hazmat Test?
Before you even attempt to take the Hazmat test, you should make sure you are qualified. Expect to have the following items in legal or working order.
- Make sure you have a state issued driver’s license that has not expired.
- You must have a valid Commercial driver’s License (CDL).
- You are required to show proof of legal U.S. citizenship.
- You must present your Birth Certificate (must be original, no photocopies are accepted).
- You must have a valid Social Security number.
- You must be able to pass a vision test.
- You must be able to pass a background check by the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) and pay the fee.
- You must be able and ready to pay for any fees associated with the Hazmat test.
- You must have a valid medical card issued by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
What Kind of Information Will I Need to Know in Order to Pass the Hazmat Test?
The written test is part of the endorsement that you have the most control over. It would be unpleasant to pass all requirements and your background check only to find yourself under-prepared for the written test. If you are applying for a Hazardous Materials Endorsement, you will have access to all the study material you will need in your state-issued CDL Drivers Manual. Study the chapter on hazardous materials thoroughly. Attending hazardous materials training courses often supplied by employers can be very helpful as well.
When you study for the test, be sure to focus on:
- Federal and State guidelines.
- Being able to identify the packaging labels on a container of hazardous material.
- Understand shipping papers.
- Know what each U.S. DOT HazMat Placard stands for.
- Show an acute awareness of security measures.
The best way to know what kinds of questions to prepare for is to take our Hazmat Practice Quiz and our Hazmat Practice Test. A practice run will familiarize you with the actual questions you will see on the DMV test. Any missed questions can viewed and used as a jumping point for further study. Helpful ways to study for this test include:
- Creating flash cards based on information in the CDL Manual as well as questions from the test. Flash cards will be convenient for you to carry on your person, allowing you to study in your free time.
- Doing our Hazmat Practice Test often, making sure you are not memorizing specific questions, but rather, the concepts behind the questions.
How Will Your Hazmat Practice Test Help Me Pass the Real Test on the First Attempt?
With unlimited free practice tests, and free help guides, our site provides you with all the information you need to pass your Hazmat Test on the first try! Practice, read, and ask questions until you are confident. Then, take your test and get one step closer to your Hazardous Materials Endorsement!
Why is Your Practice Test a Helpful Way to Prepare for the Real Test?
Five ways that our Hazmat Practice Quiz and Hazmat Practice test help prepare you for the real Hazmat test, include:
- Taking our practice tests and utilizing our resources is absolutely free. We care about seeing you obtain your CDL endorsements.
- The questions on both our Hazmat Practice Quiz and our Hazmat Practice Test are taken directly from the actual tests given by the DMV. By the time you take the real test, you will know exactly what to look for.
- Take our practice quiz to immediately see if you answered any questions incorrectly. If you did, study that questions until you are confident enough to take our practice test.
- Take our practice test, which is composed of 30 questions to see if you are ready to pass the DMV test. If you score an 80% or higher, you have passed! If you would like to review the questions that you missed, there is an option to do so after your practice test has been completed.
- There is no limit as to how many times you can take our Hazmat Practice Test.
What Will Happen if I Pass the Hazmat Test?
Upon passing your Hazmat test and all other aspects of certification, you will receive a copy of your hazardous materials transportation license. This license is required to be on your person when transporting any hazardous cargo, and must be presented to any authority figure who requests to see it. Your Hazmat certification is valid for 5 years.
What Will Happen if I Fail the Hazmat Test?
If you should fail the written test administered by the DMV, don’t worry. You will be able to retake the test. Because the rules may vary from state to state, check with your local DMV for state specific regulations. Most of the time you will be able to retake the test the next business day. Keep in mind, however, that all testing fees will have to be paid upon re-taking the test. Should you not pass your TSA Background Check, you will receive a letter from the TSA with instructions on how to proceed.
The sooner you study and prepare for the Hazmat test the better. Take our free Hazmat Practice Test and be confident that you’ll have the knowledge you need to pass the test and receive your Hazmat Endorsement! Good luck!
If you found this article helpful, feel free to share it on Google Plus, Facebook, and Twitter using the buttons below.