How You Can Get Grants and Scholarships for Truck Driving School

      Let’s face it. There comes a time in every person’s life when they have to make a decision. I don’t mean a “what am I going to eat for dinner?” decision. I mean, a “I’m at a crossroad and I need to decide if I should go in that direction, or continue going in this direction” kind of decision. We’ve all been there and some of you may even be at a crossroad right now, trying to decide if you should play it safe and stay in your comfortable, low paying or unexciting job, or if you should take a chance and pursue a career in a field that will exponentially increase your salary and take you on a new and exciting adventure.

Some of you have been keeping the thought of going to a good truck driving school tucked safely in the back of your mind but, have never really taken it any further than that. You may have decided that a professional truck driving career is something you would really enjoy and would surely benefit from, but you are unsure if you can afford the school’s tuition costs and you definitely don’t want to take on another loan. You may even have bad credit and think that there’s no possible way for you to attend truck driving school no matter how much you would like to.

Before you toss in the towel and give up on your dream of a rewarding career, I want to show you a way that you may be able to go to truck driving school without having to borrow money. Yup, you read that correctly. Different organizations, on both the state level and federal level, off grants and scholarships for truck driving school to students who qualify.

       As I am sure most of you already know, grants and scholarships are essentially loans that you do not have to pay back. You see, many organizations know that there are many hard working citizens who, if they were given the chance, would go to school, study hard, graduate, and be even more productive and more valuable then they were before. With a little financial help, these people would be able to graduate from truck driving school and enter the workforce with a newly acquired skill set, helping to grow the economy and make the country a better place to live in. That is why these organizations offer grant and scholarship programs.

      Be sure to contact each school. They can inform you of any grants or scholarships that are available to you at that particular school, such as the Workforce Investment Act grant or the GI Bill grant for military veterans or the Women in Trucking Foundation Scholarship, which was created to help more women become truck drivers. The school may be able to find grants and scholarships for truck driving school that you don’t even know about. You may also want to contact the state grant agency using the list below to find out what financial aid is available in your state. 

      Remember, when we come to a crossroad, we have to decide in what direction we want to take our life. No one else can decide that for us. I hope this article serves as a tool to help you travel in the right direction. 

Get Paid While You Train and Make $45,000 or More Your First Year with Paid CDL Training!

Are you ready to take the next step and begin your career as a well-paid professional truck driver? We've partnered with some of the best trucking companies in the nation and have helped thousands of people just like you get into a high quality paid CDL training program. You can get your CDL in as little as 3 weeks and start making good money as a professional truck driver. Plus, you can make up to $500 per week while you train!

CDL Training

Here's what you can expect from the paid CDL training programs in our network:

  • Earn up to $500 Per Week While You Train
  • Top Quality CDL Training
  • Competitive Pay
  • Great Benefits
  • No Credit Check Required
  • Qualified Graduates Have a Job Waiting For Them

Just click the red button below and fill out the quick 1-minute application on the next page to get started. Hurry! Classes are filling up fast!


Federal and State Grant Resources

State Grant Agencies

The state agencies below provide information on grants, scholarships, and other financial aid available for college students in that state. Clicking on the link will take you to that state’s official post-secondary education website. Contact the state agency to see what grants, scholarships, and financial aid is available in that state. You should be able to find some grants for truck driving school through the state grant agencies below.


Alabama Commission on Higher Education
Office of Student Assistance
P.O. Box 302000
Montgomery, AL 36130-2000
Phone: (334) 242-2273
Fax: (334) 242-2269


Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education 
P.O. Box 110505
Juneau, AK 99811-0505
Phone: (907) 465-2962
Toll-Free: (800) 441-2962
Fax: (907) 465-5316
TTY: (907) 465-3143


Arizona Commission for Postsecondary Education 
Suite 650
2020 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phone: (602) 258-2435
Fax: (602) 258-2483


Arkansas Department of Higher Education 
114 East Capitol Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72201
Phone: (501) 371-2050
Toll-Free: (800) 547-8839
Toll-Free Restrictions: AR residents only
Fax: (501) 371-2001


California Student Aid Commission 
P.O. Box 419026
Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-9026
Phone: (916) 526-7590
Toll-Free: (888) 224-7268
Toll-Free Restrictions: CA residents only
Fax: (916) 526-8002


Colorado Department of Higher Education 
Suite 16
1560 Broadway
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: (303) 866-2723
Fax: (303) 866-4266


Connecticut Office of Higher Education 
61 Woodland Street
Hartford, CT 06105-2326
Phone: (860)947-1855
Toll-Free: (800)842-0229
Fax: (860)947-1311


Delaware Higher Education Commission 
The Townsend Building
401 Federal St, Suite 2
Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302)735-4120
Toll-Free: (800) 292-7935
Fax: (302) 739-5894

District of Columbia

Office of the State Superintendent of Education
State Board of Education
Suite 350 North
441 Fourth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Phone: (202) 727-6436
Fax: (202) 727-7656
TTY: (202) 727-1675


Office of Student Financial Assistance
Florida Department of Education
325 West Gaines Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400
Phone: 888-827-2004
Toll-Free: 800-366-3475


Georgia Student Finance Commission 
2082 East Exchange Place
Tucker, GA 30084
Phone: (770) 724-9022
Toll-Free: (800) 505-4732
Fax: (770) 724-9004


No record available at this time.


Idaho State Board of Education 
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0037
Phone: (208) 332-1574
Fax: (208) 334-2632


Illinois Student Assistance Commission 
1755 Lake Cook Road
Deerfield, IL 60015-5209
Phone: (847) 948-8500
Toll-Free: (800) 899-4722


State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana 
Suite 500
150 West Market Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone: (317) 232-2350
Toll-Free: (888) 528-4719
Toll-Free Restrictions: IN residents only
Fax: (317) 232-3260


Iowa College Student Aid Commission 
603 E. 12th Street, FL 5th
Des Moines, IA 50319
Phone: (515) 725-3400
Toll-Free: (877)272-4456
Toll-Free Restrictions: IA residents only
Fax: (515) 725-3401


The Kansas Board of Regents 
Suite 520
1000 SW Jackson Street
Topeka, KS 66612-1368
Phone: (785) 296-3421
Fax: (785) 296-0983


Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority
P.O. Box 798
Frankfort, KY 40602-0798
Phone: (502) 696-7200
Toll-Free: (800) 928-8926
Toll-Free Restrictions: KY residents only
Fax: (502) 696-7373


Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance 
P.O. Box 91202
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-9202
Phone: (225) 922-1012
Toll-Free: (800) 259-5626 x1012
Fax: (225) 925-4969


Finance Authority of Maine 
P.O. Box 949
Five Community Drive
Augusta, ME 04332-0949
Phone: (207) 623-3263
Toll-Free: (800) 228-3734
Fax: (207) 623-0095
TTY: (207) 626-2717


Maryland Higher Education Commission 
6. N. Liberty Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Phone: (410) 767-3301
Toll-Free: (800) 974-0203
Toll-Free Restrictions: MD residents only
Fax: (410) 260-3200
TTY: (800) 735-2258 MD Relay System


Office of Student Financial Assistance 
State Department of Higher Education
Suite 200
454 Broadway
Revere, MA 02151
Phone: (617) 727-9420 x1313
Fax: (617) 727-0667


Michigan Dept of Energy, Labor and Economic Growth 
Bureau of Workforce Transformation
201 North Washington Square
2nd Floor
Lansing, MI 48913
Phone: 517-241-6806
Toll-Free: (888) 447-2687
Fax: (517) 373-2759


Minnesota Office of Higher Education 
Suite 350
1450 Energy Park Drive
St. Paul, MN 55108-5227
Phone: (651) 642-0567
Toll-Free: (800) 657-3866
Toll-Free Restrictions: MN residents only
Fax: (651) 642-0675
TTY: (800) 627-3529


Mississippi Office of Student Financial Aid 
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211-6453
Phone: (601) 432-6997
Toll-Free: (800) 327-2980
Toll-Free Restrictions: MS residents only
Fax: (601) 432-6527


Office of Student Financial Assistance 
State Department of Higher Education
3515 Amazonas Drive
Jefferson City, MO 65109
Phone: (573) 751-2361
Toll-Free: (800) 473-6757
Fax: (573) 751-6635


Montana Guaranteed Student Loan Program 
P.O. Box 203101
Helena, MT 59620-3101
Phone: (406) 444-6594
Toll-Free: (800) 537-7508
Fax: (406) 444-1869


Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education 
P.O. Box 95005
Suite 300
140 North Eighth Street
Lincoln, NE 68509-5005
Phone: (402) 471-2847
Fax: (402) 471-2886


Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education 
Suite 202
3663 East Sunset Road
Las Vegas, NV 89120
Phone: (702) 486-7330
Fax: (702) 486-7340

New Hampshire

New Hampshire Postsecondary Education Commission 
101 Pleasant St.
Concord, NH 03301-3860
Phone: (603) 271-0256
Fax: (603) 271-2696
TTY: (800) 735-2964

New Jersey

New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority 
P.O. Box 540
Trenton, NJ 08625
Phone: (609) 588-3226
Toll-Free: (800) 792-8670
Fax: 609-588-7389

New Mexico

New Mexico Higher Education Department  
2048 Galisteo Street
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Phone: (505) 827-5800
Toll-Free: (800) 279-9777
Toll-Free Restrictions: NM residents only
Fax: (505) 476-8453

New York

Higher Education Services Corporation
99 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12255
Phone: (518) 473-1574
Toll-Free: (888) 697-4372
TTY: (800) 445-5234

North Carolina

North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority 
P.O. Box 13663
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Phone: (919) 549-8614
Fax: (919) 549-8481

North Dakota

University System 
10th Floor, State Capitol
Department 215
600 East Boulevard Avenue
Bismark, ND 58505-0230
Phone: (701) 224-2541
Fax: (701) 328-2961


Department of Higher Education
25 S. Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: (614) 466-6000
Fax: (614) 466-5866


Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education 
Suite 200
655 Research Parkway
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Phone: (405) 225-9100
Fax: (405) 225-9230


Higher Education Coordinating Commission
OSAC Office
1500 Valley River Drive
Suite 100
Eugene, OR 97401
Toll-Free: (800) 452-8807
Phone: (541) 687-7400
Fax: (541) 687-7414


Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency 
State Grants and Special Programs
1200 North Seventh Street
Harrisburg, PA 17102-1444
Phone: (717) 720-2800
Toll-Free: (800) 692-7392
Toll-Free Restrictions: U.S. and Canada
Fax: (717) 720-3914
TTY: (800) 654-5988

Rhode Island

Rhode Island Higher Education Assistance Authority 
560 Jefferson Boulevard
Warwick, RI 02886
Phone: (401) 736-1100
Toll-Free: (800) 922-9855
Fax: (401) 736-1178
TTY: (401) 734-9481

South Carolina

No record available at this time.

South Dakota

Office of Finance and Management 
State Department of Education
700 Governors Drive
Pierre, SD 57501
Phone: (605) 773-3248
Fax: (605) 773-6139


Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation 
Suite 1510, Parkway Towers
404 James Robertson Parkway
Nashville, TN 37243-0820
Phone: (615) 741-1346
Toll-Free: (800) 342-1663
Toll-Free Restrictions: TN residents only
Fax: (615) 741-6101


Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board 
P.O. Box 12788
Austin, TX 78711-2788
Phone: (512) 427-6101
Toll-Free: (800) 242-3062
Toll-Free Restrictions: Outside Austin Metro Area
Fax: (512) 427-6127


Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority
Board of Regents Building, The Gateway
60 South 400 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84101-1284
Phone: (801) 321-7200
Toll-Free: (800) 418-8757
Fax: (801) 336-8470
TTY: (801) 321-7168


Vermont Student Assistance Corporation 
P.O. Box 2000
10 East Allen Street
Winooski, VT 05404
Phone: (802) 655-9602
Toll-Free: (800) 642-3177
Fax: (802) 654-3765
TTY: (802) 654-3766


State Council of Higher Education for Virginia 
101 North 14th Street
James Monroe Building, 10th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
Phone: (804) 225-2600
Fax: (804) 225-2604


Washington Student Achievement Council 
917 Lakeridge Way SW
P.O. Box 43430
Olympia, WA 98504-3430
Phone: (360) 753-7800
Fax: (360) 753-7808

West Virginia

West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission 
Suite 700
1018 Kanawha Boulevard East
Charleston, WV 25301-2800
Phone: (304) 558-2101
Fax: (304) 558-5719


Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board 
Suite 902
131 West Wilson Street
P.O.Box 7885
Madison, WI 53707-7885
Phone: (608) 267-2206
Fax: (608) 267-2808


No record available at this time.

© 2023 Truck Driving Schools Info. All rights reserved. | Home | About | ContactTerms | Privacy


3/5 - (2 votes)